Thursday, January 9, 2014

Ten things I learned in 2013....Plus a weigh in

Weigh in from January 8th, 2014!
Beginning Weight (12/20/2012)- 330.6

Last Week’s Weight – 276.6

Today’s Weight – 273.0

Total Weight Loss – 57.6

Sweet...Lost 3.6 pounds since New Years....Now that that is out of the way....here goes!!!

1) I am capable of losing weight....honestly this is something I didn't know. I mean I knew that I could lose like 15 pounds...but then I would feel deprived or have to fight my inner demons and I would give up. It took me a really long time to identify the fact that I used to sabotage myself because I was worried I would change into a high maintenance bitch if I lost weight...no idea where that came from...but it is there...

2)WLS is F A R from easy!....There was a small part of me that thought that when I got my "band" that the weigh would just fall off...I did like 8 whole minutes of research before I spoke with a surgeon and 6 weeks later got my band....this has been by far the hardest year of my life! However, I can honestly say that it was worth every minute of the struggles.

3) Protein is my friend...That is not to say that I didn't like meat before my surgery....I just never understood how important it was in my efforts to be a healthy weight. The truth is...for me at least...it is the key! Every other diet I have EVER tried down played the protein in favor of rice, pasta, whole wheat bread, crackers....other CARB heavy crap...They don't work for me!

4) I cannot tolerate gluten...This is something I NEVER knew about myself. It took me until August of 2013 to discover this. I went though a period as I got closer to my "green zone" where I had to constantly take Sudafed before I went to bed....It had to be the 12 hour kind in order to last until I woke up. Then I would take it again so that I could eat. For whatever reason I had "drainage" all the time....It wasn't until I watched a documentary about the evilness of grains and went without them for a week that I realize it was a gluten allergy. My bad made it VERY obvious that the lining of my stomach was swelling from the irritant in wheat products!

5) I have a love/hate relationship with exercise...I think this one kinda speaks for itself!

6) I have to be careful with my "accountability"... Logging my food and weighing in are GREAT way to be accountable on a weight loss journey....Obsessing about them...not so much!

7) I have a FANTASTIC support structure...I knew my husband loved me...and I know that my family loves me...but it wasn't until this journey that I really truly realized how much they meant to me...or how much they believed in me...nor how much that made a difference.

8) My chosen career path is exhausting....I ADORE my new job and I LOVE what I do...but goodness, I come home exhausted. I used to stay up until midnight or one am everyday...and now I am in bed by 9:30pm!....It is kinda crazy how mentally exhausting being an accountant is!

9) I need to make time for myself....This is the one thing I am still learning. I know that I NEED to make time for myself I am just not all that great at ACTUALLY doing it!

10) I can do anything I put my mind too...This is pretty all encompassing. This applies to my weight loss journey as well as my education journey...

(Can you tell that I am getting tired as I write this...Side note: it is currently 9:32pm...2 minutes past my new bed time!....lol)

Thank you for tuning in....and goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment