Saturday, December 29, 2012

Post Op Day 2

When I was discharged from the surgery center yesterday at the 24 hour mark after my surgery I was miserable. I had felt like I had been hit by a bus. The thought of moving or doing pretty much anything made me want to cry.

Today it is almost like I haven't even had surgery. I am a bit tight and the gas pains are getting to me a bit, but I am surviving. I have been able to go without the Loratab for most of the day. I didn't have to take it this evening but I just want to make sure that I can sleep. Sleep is important....

I did learn one...slightly painful...lesson today. I was sitting at my desk enjoying the fact that I have been able to eat something other than broth (I was eating chocolate pudding) and I took a large gulp of my nice cold milk. I knew as soon as I had done it that I was going to regret it. It was a very weird sensation...Since I had my surgery I have been able to feel every drop of anything that I have eaten or drank...anyways...I took a large drink of my milk and immediately had to run to the bathroom. I would feel it trying to come back up...The pain that followed as I tried to keep from throwing up was something i had never felt before.

Luckily nothing hurt when I was finished...The surgeon says that I need to give my stomach 4-6 weeks to fully recover. In that time I need to avoid "stuck" episodes. This was a little bit of a scare but I am fine and I am going to try and avoid it in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment