Wednesday, February 6, 2013

First fill appointment

So at the beginning of my Lap-Band journey I chose to go with Weight Loss Surgical Center. They are a surgical center based on Kansas City with satallite clinics across Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, and Missouri.  I loved my surgeon and I love the fact that I was able to have my surgery done by a guy who ONLY does bariatric surgeries and not have to drive to Kansas City for post-op and fills.

With that, I had my first fill today.

I have to admit it was kinda cool!

The Nurse Practitioner used a flora-scope to locate my port and stab this REALLY long needle into the port-a-cath that I have located beneath my skin.  She added 1.8cc for a total of 1.8cc. It didn't sound like a lot to me, but they had me stand up and do a barium swallow...which I have to admit was kinda gross and cool all at the same time!

It was a cool experience and I have four weeks to adjust before my next fill in March. I posted some photos below!

Here is the port that feeds "Beatrice"

My "Humming Bird" barium swallow

The only sign that anything was done is that little tiny dot


No comments:

Post a Comment