Monday, April 29, 2013

New goal I almost forgot to come up with...

OMG!!!

My family "Stay-Cation" is in SIX WEEKS!

Just to explain what this is...Every year come summer time we do a little trip around St. Louis, going to the various tourist traps around the city/suburbs. We do this since as two "starving" young parents (Me 28, Hubby 32) we don't have the money to go on an actual vacation somewhere else.

Anywho...I am AWESOME and my daughter looks forward to this EVERY year like it is the GREATEST thing EVER!

So this year we have the following items planned:

A Day at the Saint Louis Zoo,
A Day at the Transportation Museum,
A Day at the Magic House,
A Day at yet to be determined
...and....*Drum roll please*
A Day at Six Flags Saint Louis

OMG....the last time I was at Six Flags was in 2009. I was somewhere between 300 and 315. I was embarrassed to be in short but it was a bajillion degrees outside and the park is all black asphalt. The worst part of this whole day you ask???...I couldn't ride the Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast coaster. It wasn't that I was afraid...I couldn't get the bar to lock down in my lap...I was mortified. I had to get back off the coaster and walk past EVERYONE else on the ride to exit!

I have to admit it was the first time in my life that my weight or my size had held me back. I am one of those annoying fat girls who totally ROCKS it! (Most of it is a show, but don't tell any one...shhh!)

So this is my chance...I am going to bust my ass!

If I don't fit on that coaster this time it will be because it just wasn't meant to be and NOT because I didn't work hard enough!

Here is my goal...just for motivation!

3 comments:

  1. That happened to me at 14 at Dollywood. Got on a ride with my dad, mom, and brother, and the bar wouldn't lock down for me so I had to get off and do the walk of shame. It was MORTIFYING and hugely embarassing for a 14 y/o girl who already was struggling with self esteem issues due to horrible acne, thick glasses, and her weight. The rest of the day I refused to even try to get on another ride. I think it scarred me for life.

    anyways, I hope that YOU have an awesome day at six flags--and ride every single ride for those of us who aren't able to (YET)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun week. I love roller coasters!! You will fit with no problems this time, what a great thing to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great goal! Good for you! I can't imagine how mortifying it would be to have to exit the ride. I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

    ReplyDelete