Thursday, June 6, 2013

Weekly Weigh in...and some news!

Beginning Weight (12/20/2012)- 330.6

Last Week’s Weight – 292.8

Today’s Weight – 292.4

Total Weight Loss – 38.2

Lost .4...not great...But at least it was a loss...I was thinking it would be more. The sad thing to me is that over the course of the last month I gained 1 pound. Whatever...lol

Got a fill yesterday...Up to 7.3cc in a 10cc band....

Ok so....I have been a bit quiet this week. We are on our annual "Heim Family Stay-Cation". We have hit The Magic house Childrens Museum, We went to a STL Cardinal's game (which they lost), we went to the STL Zoo, and today was Six Flags.

Six weeks ago, I posted a blog setting a goal for myself. I SO badly wanted to go on the Mr Freeze Reverse Blast Coaster.

So long story short for those of you who don't want to follow the link (It is ok, I understand clicking is tiring...lol) In 2009 my husband and I went to Six Flags with the singular goal of riding every coaster in the park. When I got on the Mr Freeze coaster I couldn't get the safety belt locked. I had to do the walk of shame and exit the coaster knowing the reason I couldn't ride was because I was too fat. It was the first time in my life that this had happened.

Today, June 6th 2013 I crossed the threshold of the same Six Flags with the intention of going on that coaster my body hummed with a constant stream of nervousness. "Will I fit?" "Will today be the day I get to ride the coaster?" "Maybe I won't even try it...Is it better not to know?" These were all thoughts going though my head as we went on the rides and played with my beautiful kids. I rode almost EVERY coaster at the park and the time came for me to test my NSV. My heart was pounding long before I began the trek to the loading deck.

Saying that I wanted to throw up is an understatement.

*Random Note* I am sure by now you are all like...Geez just get on with the story...and I apologize...but my mind is full and the creative formation of sentences is my current outlet!

My stomach fills with dread as the gates open for my husband and I to board the train. I grab the safety belt and pulled down the lap bar. Now despite what the cheering of the people around me, I don't feel any smaller. I was convinced that the belt wasn't going to buckle this time.

Well.....

.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
....
.....


IT BUCKLED!!!!!!!!

I fit!!!

I couldn't believe it.

Celebratory Photo -Taken at hour 6 of 8...Tired, Sweaty, Dirty...but oh so happy!!

I got to ride the elusive coaster...I didn't have to do the walk of shame...

I got off the coaster when the ride was over (Not BEFORE!) and as I was walking out another set of riders shot out of the tunnel. I started crying...

I blame it on my period...My husband thinks that is a lie...While I don't want to admit it...I think he is right.

Over the last six weeks since I made the declaration that I was going to fit on that god damn coaster a lot of shit has happened...

1) I almost failed my accounting course...
2) My garage and basement flooded...
3) A tornado had it out for me and my family...
4) My little girl graduated from Kindergarten...
5) I got a sinus infection that would not go away...

I mean...that is a lot for six weeks.

It is not an excuse but simply an explanation about HOW I managed to gain a pound over all for the month.

But I made it...I met my goal...I wanted to fit on that damn coaster and I did. I may have gained a pound over the month but I lost 6 inches...so that is the difference. Regardless of what Julian Michaels says...I swapped out fat for lean muscle!

In that moment...I was proud of myself for the first time. I made a change and it has changed my life for the better...

That change made it so that I was ablet to log 16,196 steps walking around the park with my kids. It made it so that I was able to take my baby girl on her very first grown-up roller coaster. I was able to take my little boy on an actual steam engine powered train

I forgive myself for the set backs this month and next month will be different, But today I am reveling in the fact that I reached a goad...NSV or not...and I am going to celebrate by getting my diet back on track tomorrow. (I ate 1/4 of a funnel cake today...not the best choice but it was totally worth it!)

Bring it on!





3 comments: