Friday, May 30, 2014

Day 5 - I am still alive!

Goal #1 - Posting about my life

Today was my kids last day of school.

This is always bittersweet for me. I love spending time with my kiddos. I love taking them to the zoo, and the Magic House, and the STL Science Center. Watching them learn makes my heart happy...

But on the other hand, it denotes the passage of time. My little baby....the little girl that was born when I was 22 is now going to be in 2nd grade...That means I have two years before my youngest child is in kindergarten.

I think, for the first time, I know how my parents feel.

Goal #2 - Exercise

OH DEAR GOD DID IT RAIN TODAY!

I was ridiculous...

Here I was thinking that I was going to do this AWESOME 7 mile run. Needless to say that didn't happen...

What did happen was a 3 mile run in the drizzle of a rain shower that this deluge became.

Here is me after...
This is a HORRIBLE photo of me...I look tired and old...and tired...

But not a hair on my head was dry...My clothes weren't nearly as soaked as I thought they should have been but that is the beauty of wicking fabric.

3 Miles in 44:27. My splits were Mile1 - 14:55, Mile 2 - 14:11, Mile 3 - 14:19. I am SUPER stoked...These are pretty close to my fastest paces. I am getting closer.

My goal for next year for the Make Tracks at the Zoo is to do the 5K in under 30 minutes.

Bring on the running!!!

Oh and also before I move on, I have joined a Facebook event. It is a 30 Day Ab challenge...The calendar is as follows...

I am gunna do it...I am gunna add it to my current challenge...June is gunna H U R T!!

Goal # 3 - Food

This is SO not on track. However, I am gunna.
We had a family meeting...We are going to limit our eating out to two meals a week.
We are going to get back to eating the way we had a year ago. It helped my hubby lose weight and I lost weight faster...So we are getting back on track....I made a menu and went shopping.

It is funny to mean how hard this aspect of this process is...I used to think that the exercise was the hard part...but that is NOT the truth.

Goal # 4 - NO NEW RECIPES TO REPORT TODAY!

Hasta la vista and Buenos noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment