Sunday, May 25, 2014

Totally unexpected

So...if you have read my blog over the last few days you know that I have been struggling to eat or drink.

I thought I was struggling with allergies.

Turns out it was something TOTALLY different.

Apparently, the steroid eye drops I have been required to take after my LASIK surgery caused irritation in the lining of my stomach which is apparently a pretty normal side effect.

In a normal person this has NO effect on their ability to eat...it might make there stomach a little upset but other wise nadda...but for me...it took me from my "Green Zone" to "Red Zone"

Since it took me so long to get around to figuring out what the hell was going on...It woke up feeling like crap this morning.

My lips were dry, my tongue was sticking to the roof of my mouth. I was lightheaded when I moved...it was horrible!

God bless my surgical center. My lovely LPN came in on her Sunday afternoon to take 1cc out of my band.

I can drink...that is all that I wanted. I don't even care about being able to eat at this point...Just drink.

At this point, I am SUPER excited...I have drank an ENTIRE 32oz smoothie from Smoothie King. I got a Gladiator smoothie with mango and black cherry and an extra scoop with protein. Yum!

It is the first sustenance that I have been able to eat/drink since Thursday!

With that...I am off to find a bottle of water and get rid of this headache!




2 comments: