Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Sugar Detox Update and Weigh in

Beginning Weight (12/20/2012)- 330.6

Last Week’s Weight – 284.8

Today’s Weight – 282.2

Total Weight Loss – 48.4


WOW....

The last three days have been hard/emotional/enlightening...and many other words that I am sure I could come up with if I so wanted....

My sugar detox went well...I survived....The first day was the WORST!

My husband had to be my self control...It was bad...I was ready to eat my own arm to just have something. Every cell in my body wanted crackers, chips, bread....I mean anything that was made of sugar my mind wanted me to shove it into my mouth.

The second day was so much better. I was able to control myself and I felt wonderful!

I think I have learned that keeping my sugar and carbs as low as possible is important for me. I suffer from this thing called a nonallergic rhinitis...which from my understanding means that my body is having a histamine reaction to something despite a negative allergy test. What I have noticed is that if I don't eat bread/grains/sugar I don't have the rhinitis symptoms...so that makes a girl think.

Anyways...I am pretty sure my lack of carbs helped me lose the 2.6 pounds for this week.

I went in for my fill appointment and had officially lost 10lbs in one month and was super excited because my FNP agreed that I didn't need another fill. I don't have to come in for any more appointments unless I want to or think I need a tweak.

THANK GOD!



3 comments:

  1. Way to go. Inspiring. I have GOT to do a sugar detox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you posted about this! Its something I have been struggling with and something I need to tackle. Congrats to you. It is so difficult!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow good job. Interesting to note about the rhinitis/carb detox. It would be nice if it would stay away!

    ReplyDelete