Sunday, August 25, 2013

Weekend Baking...

I found this awesome blog...It is all about the Paleo Diet...It has some FANTASTIC recipes in it.

I get so motivated by some of the recipes...I miss SO many things that I am no longer allowed to eat since I can't have gluten any more...

One of those is Cheez-it crackers...my kids eat them and I stare at the wrappers longingly.

Though lots of research I discovered almond flour. It is a gluten free alternative that my body can handle...I can't stand how rice flour makes me feel...When I eat it I feel like someone hit the slo-mo button in my brain....Anyways...that doesn't happen with almond flour...

With that in mind I made shortbread cookies. I decided to just use my go too Food Network version and just replace the wheat flour with almond flour. They turned out awesome. I even dipped them in chocolate. I would have taken a photo of them but they only lasted about 3 hours before my family had devoured them...

My next adventure was "Flour-less Cheese Crackers" they should take the place of cheez-its in my life.

The recipe can be found here

These suckers are AWESOME!

They are salty, and crunchy...and have that wonderful bite that cheez-its have and the kicker is that they don't even have cheese in them. The recipe called for nutritional yeast which I was able to find at Whole Foods....They are fantastic. For an ounce of crackers they have 170 calories, 8 grams of protein, and only 4 grams of carbs.

I need to have baking weekends more often!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment