Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Weigh in # 34

Beginning Weight (12/20/2012)- 330.6

Last Week’s Weight – 281.6

Today’s Weight – 280.0

Total Weight Loss – 50.6


YAY!...I lost 1.6. Which technically I gained last week, but at least I got it back off!

Back in my WW days, I would get envious....ok that word doesn't really fit. That implys that I was hostile towards the other women in that group. I always thought that it was unfair. I would be PERFECT on my diet and lost .5 pounds. The women behind me in line would talk about how bad she was all week. Then we she sat down next to me in the meeting would tell me that she still managed to lost 1.5 pounds. That her still averaged almost 2 pounds a week. My average was .4....a sad little .4. I would lose 2 pounds one week, then .6 the next, then I would gain 1.2 pounds. This would make a weekly average of a VERY SMALL amount of weight....

And that is always how I measured my success.

I never looked at at anything...granted I never lost enough weight to ever have anything else...I never went down a dress size, I never noticed a change in the fit of...anything I owned. I would lost 20 pounds and give up. I would gain the weight back and blame anything I could think of.

This journey has been completely different.

Here I am down 50 pounds only seven months after I had surgery. I have never lost that amount of weight nor have I ever noticed the changes in my body that I have in that short time.

When I look in the mirror I no longer see the fat overweight mom who so badly wanted to be smaller but never thought that it would happen....Now I need a women who is getting in shape...changing her shape...and loving how her body is changing...

Here is a great example:


Last year...in October I had my first ever Girl Scout Neighborhood Meeting. We got to the local high school and we sit in a class room. The first time I walked into this room I didn't even think about whether or not I would fit in the desk...I fit in the ones at school...anyways...I sat down and was blown away by how painful it was to sit in this desk. The writing surface was SO tight against me that it HURT! For the remainder of the year I would either sit NEXT to the desk and use the chair as a writing surface or sit to the side of the desk areas with the other mom's who can't fit in the desks.

Monday however, seven months after surgery and almost 12 months since I my first encounter with the desk I decided to give it a try. Not only did it not hurt...I didn't have any over hang on the desk. I barely brushed the front of the writing surface...

It is these things that keep me going...I am excited for the other bloggers that I follow that lose weight faster then me and I no longer compare myself to them....As the saying goes, it doesn't matter who fast you go as long as you don't stop. I lose weight at my pace and I can't compare myself to anyone else!!

YAY FOR NSV!

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo... 50 Lbs is awesome! :) Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great graphics on the picture! Made me smile. And congrats on the milestone...50 lbs is a big deal!!

    ReplyDelete