As if you didn't get that from the title...
So, here is the explanation:
1) I love running...but I no longer get to do that. At the very least not for the next week. Apparently this "muscle" pain I have been trying to work though for the last five days is actually inflammation in the bursae sac that is under the tendon on the out side of my hip. It is PISSED! The only time it doesn't hurt is when I am running but about an hour after I can barely walk. It even hurts to sleep on it...
I have been given the following
- No impact exercise...this includes walking, jogging, and elliptical machines.
- Stretch the area 6-9 times a day
- Ice the area 6-9 times a day following stretching.
- Taking anti-inflammatory medication as often as directed on bottle.
Basically I can lift weights as long as I am sitting or laying down. So that is going to put a damper on things
2)Not being able to work out put me in a bad mood...
3)My poor baby girl lost her tap shoes tonight...this is only on this list because it makes me sad to punish her. She doesn't know that. She thinks that I enjoy being mad at her I think. I get that she is only 6 but at some point she needs to be more aware of that fact that stuff cost money...Luckily for her her dance teacher had found them and gave them too us. By this point however, she had lost the privilege of going to dance class, she lost movie time, and even had to go to bed without a bed time snack. I am just so mean!
I just can't get over this whole injury thing...every time I try and exercise with any level of dedication I get hurt and have to stop. I don't want to stop...I am going to but I do it under protest.
I guess I will just have to focus on keeping my nutrition on point and that will have to make up for it!