Sunday, January 20, 2013

Weekend in review...

Friday -  Spent the day at the Zoo with L and her best friend MG. They...had...a...blast! Which was amusing to me because it was cold. I mean it wasn't like we were in risk of losing fingers or toes or anything like that but it was still on the chilly side. That didn't stop the little darlings from running and jumping around the animals...We rode the train, the carousel ..went to the Children's Zoo, had lunch. I was EXHAUSTED by the time we got home.

That night...The kids went to Grandma's house (my in laws)...My husband and I got a date night. They are SO rare! We saw Silver Linings Playbook which is by far the BEST movie I have seen in forever. Then we went to Qdoba for dinner at 10:00pm. It was great to just spend some time with my hubby and know that the kids were having fun!

What I haven't told you is that when I woke up my throat felt off. My voice was raspy...my glands were swollen and sore...and I had gunkies. By the time I got home from the movie...I was miserable, cold, achy...had the chills...I took two Tylenol, crawled under my heated blanket and went to bed...

Saturday - Woke up at 8:30 am...knowing that the local Take Care Clinic opened at 9 AM. Got dressed which sucked. All the hair on my skin was SUPER sensitive and everything hurt. Anyways, I drove myself there early so that I could hopefully be the first one in line...I was...

The Nurse Practitioner checked me out and determined that I have strep...STREP! I don't have time for strep. Now I have to keep a look out to see if L gets it. I know DJ won't he has been on antibiotics for two days and still have eight more to go. I go home after filling my script and crawl back into bed. Where I remained for five hours ( Thank you Grandma for keeping the babies until D got home from golfing!).

I felt (and I kids you not) like I would have had to get a little better in order to die!

I love my hubby...He took great care of me until my fever broke at 10 PM. Even after that he made sure that I was comfy and took my meds.

I was quite irritated by being ill...I had so many things that I had wanted to get done this weekend that just wasn't gunna happen...

Sunday - I woke up feeling AWESOME...well less like I had been by a bus. I am no longer contagious!

We headed out to my dad's house where my daughter L was spending the night. We also had the master plan of selling girl scout cookies around his neighborhood (What supposed to happen on Saturday...) I felt great...which was good because my darling daughter drug me up and down every driveway of almost half the houses around my dad.

The planned work...L's goal was to sell 100 boxes of cookies. That got her two patches and a cheap dolphin bracelet. As you can imagine she is most excited over the bracelet. I want her to have the two patches. Any ways..Between her family, Daddy's work, Grandma J's work, and her door to door sales she has sold 144 boxes as of today...Now her also gets a plush dolphin...L is smitten with selling cookies...And I as her troop leader am excited for the troops checkbook!

After we finally let Grandpa's house we went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond. That store has EVERYTHING!

I went with a particular mission in place...I wanted to buy little spoons and little forks. I have been using my sons baby spoons and I have to admit that it has helped slow the speed at which I consume my food. I decided that I like the idea of having little forks and using the crappy plastic ones with rounded points doesn't appeal to me. So I bought these...

The fork and spoon on the outside are our normal sized utensils. In the middle, are my new fork and and spoon!

As I get myself ready for bed I think back over my weekend and I have to admit that I am so glad that if I was going to get sick that I got sick over the weekend. Over a time when I had help from my hubby and my dad to take care of the kids. That is one thing that is so hard about being sick when you have young children. It doesn't matter how you are feeling they need your time...Anyways, I am ready to end today and attack the upcoming week. Bring on the first day of school ( for me) and a Daisy meeting!


2 comments:

  1. UGH, strep is the worst! I'm glad you're starting to feel better.

    I haven't been to the zoo in forever, but Friday was a pretty nice day to go. I bet they were packed on Saturday though, it was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I avoid the STL Zoo on weekends if at all possible, but Saturday was beautiful!... We have a membership and go there about twenty times a year...almost once a week during the summer!

      Delete