Sunday, March 17, 2013

Kid free saturday night

We had a rare occurrence at our house yesterday.

Both of my children spent the night at Grandma's house.

From about 6:30pm on it was just the two of us.

We went to dinner at a restaurant called Ya Ya's Euro Cafe. It is an upscale restaurant with AMAZING FOOD!. You can always tell the nicer places because the prices don't have change involved (ie .49 .99). I got the Sea to Table special with was a wonderful grilled cobia fillet over creamy polenta with sauteéd string beans While I had really wanted the Brussels sprouts I assure you that I was not disappointed.

The only draw back to the evening was my husband being a butthead. While I will admit that I get a little overly sensitive during my time of the month he needs to think before he speaks some times. My fish was a tad bit under cooked on one corner. I didn't bother complaining about it or sending it back because I was fairly satisfied. We had also ordered a chocolate souffle for desert. I made the statement, "It is all good I have a souffle coming." His response, "It is my souffle...I said I would share a little." Hurt, I responded back. "Fine I won't have any of it." And I didn't...Not one spoonful, not a single calorie from that dessert touched my lips. The husband even pulled the "I would enjoy it more if you would try some." That didn't work and just made me more mad.

Anyways...After dinner and the whole souffle debacle we went to go see The Great and Powerful OZ. It was a pretty good movie. James Franco is SO not my favorite actor but in the long run the movie was good and I wasn't disappointed that we went.

We got home after midnight and now I am going to crawl into bed!

1 comment: