Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It just keeps on turning...

I think I missed yesterday...I don't remember if I posted on Facebook *Goes to look* Nope didn't post on Facebook yesterday...Damn....

Oh well...Life has been a little nuts...

I have been on an Non-For-Profit audit for the ****...Ha...Like I could/would tell you who my clients are...What type of accountant do you think I am?...lol

Anyways...I was sitting at my audit yesterday when an announcement came across the e-mail server that one of the senior accountants at my office QUIT. She just left....I mean I get the fact that in the accounting world there is no such thing as two weeks notice....No accounting firm in good conscious will keep an employee around that had put in notice. It opens the firm up to too many liabilities...so it is a no go...The real problem comes from the fact that we are a bit short handed BEFORE.

So anyways...It was supposed to be A, R, J and me on this audit. What ended up happening was just me and A on this audit. The hoopla only magnified the fact that the audit risk assessment and the basic binder prep hadn't been finished...this is stuff that I don't know how to do. I mean I can use the software but I don't know how to do the analytic risk assessment. This is the art in accounting...I do not yet have this skill...Neither does A.

This doesn't mean that we haven't been pushing though. If there is one thing I have learned in my life is that I can do anything I put my mind too...I just may not do it perfectly the very first time...lol...

So needless to say the audit is not going as planned. Granted we are being touted as "Awesome" So that is a bonus!

Tomorrow I have another day at the audit (I am hoping the last day)...My mom is on her way out here to move into her apartment...She is excited...I am excited...the kids are excited...

so with that I had better go to bed...big day a head of me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment