Sunday, June 29, 2014

Weekend Review

I missed my runs...all week...not only did I not go on them...I MISSED them...I find myself sitting at the computer right now excited and looking forward to tomorrow so that I can run in the morning!

I did pretty well with my eating...that was until Oberwise found itself on the menu...Someday I will be able to say no to that 1000 calories (I am not exaggerating...for two scoops of their "premium" ice cream it is almost as many calories as I eat in a day)

We discovered that California Pizza Kitchen...I mean we have eaten them before...but what we learned was they now offer a gluten free menu!...This is exciting for my daughter and myself since we haven't had pizza in FOREVER!...I mean we make it at home, but finding it at a restaurant is almost impossible. So to say that we were excited to have a family dinner TOGETHER!

It was actually pretty good...My daughter was excited...

As you can see, she had a softball game...I LOVE watching her and her friends enjoy a game that meant so much to me when I was a kid...

On to Saturday...We had yet another softball game...then a birthday party... Then we had to take the kids out to my dad for "Sleep over Day"....This is one of my favorite nights of the week. It is one of the few times that I get to spend one on one time with the hubby.

We walked around the mall...

Had dinner....

Had dessert....

Had drinks...

Laughed...

Loved...

It was nice...Granted by the time 10pm came around I was missing my babies something FIERCE... So it was almost killer to me to resist going to get my 3 year old when he called all sad saying he wanted to be with me.

This is a fairly normal occurance...it wants me with he is with my dad or he wants my dad when he is with me...So it wasn't that he was actually in distress...just tired...

A skinnylicious long island iced tea from The Cheesecake Factory helped with this...lol

Sunday - I fully intended to run...didn't...slept until 10am...which is REALLY late for me!

Got up...went and bought fireworks (only spend $450 at our first stop) then got the kiddos, brought them home for naps, helped put together the chairs for our new dining room table, cleaned out the overflowing toy boxes in my sons room...went and bought more fireworks (only $120 this time)...then came dinner...

As I am sure you gathered for earlier in this post...I can't have gluten. I begin to feel shitty...My beautiful daughter also struggles with gluten. If you are lucky enough to NOT be effected by gluten then you may not understand how expensive it is. I mean, I get excited when I find gluten free pasta for less then $5 let along the buck you can buy some name brands for...anyways...I have discovered the GREATEST thing ever!

Wal-mart brand....Great Value...now makes gluten free products!

Typically in the past I would guy Annie's gluten free mac and cheese. I would pay $3.49 for a box of Mac and Cheese (think Kraft in the blue box)...At Walmart...the Great Value version was $1.28 that is only $.13 more than the blue box that we can't eat!...I was so excited....Tonight for dinner we had the Cheeseburger "Pasta and Sauce" also know as Hamburger Helper...it...was...AMAZING!

You know Gluten Free is going to get a whole lot cheaper now that Walmart is on board!

Ok I am off to bed....Talk to you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment